The Czech Republic is the heart of Central Europe. A holiday in its beautiful capital, Prague, will be like a fairytale. An amazing castle, historical buildings, romantic bridges, will transform your city break into an amazing exploration. Before going there, you might want to learn some cool facts about the city.
- The most amazing place in the city is by far the Prague Castle. Its building begun in the 9th century and it currently holds the record for the largest castle in the world in the Guinness Book of World Records.
- There are legends about writers who used to live in the city who claim to have felt strange tremors, and eerie sounds from under the ground. Even Kafka believed that strange creatures leave under the streets of the city.
- The Old Town Square dates back from the 12th century and it is one of the most well known landmarks in Prague. Since 1992 it became an UNESCO World Heritage Centre.
- Czechs drink a lot of beer, local beer is quite cheep and of good quality, even water is more expensive in a restaurant than beer.
- The subway in Prague is really deep; there is an escalator more than 100 meters long. During the communism the government worried about a nuclear disaster so they build the underground as some kind of shelter.
- If you want to be part of a Christmas postcard, visit Prague during this holiday. The old town combined with the snow and the holiday decorations is simply amazing. Also, the Christmas market is one of the best in the world. You will feel like a child again.
- When you are visiting, try to avoid taxi cabs. They are usually scammers and will rip you off. You can use the public transportation which is cheaper and more reliable.
- Since the fall of the Iron Curtain, Prague is one of the most visited cities in Europe. It is the 6th most touristic city after London, Paris, Rome, Madrid and Berlin.
Prague is one of the most beautiful cities in Europe and as a tourist there are some many places to visit and things to do. No matter what your preferences are we are sure that in Prague you will find what you need: Beauty, culture, fun, landscapes, nightlife and cuisine. Just come here and enjoy your holiday!